Jorge's 33rd Birthday
Every year for our birthdays my parents take us to the restaurant of the birthday person's choice. This year Jorge chose Mazatlan so he could get this whole fried fish...scales and eyeballs included.
Earlier in the day Jorgito and Maisey (girl I take care of during the day while her parents work) "helped" me make a homemade Tres Leches (3 milks) cake.
The cake turned out great and we ate it at G.G.'s (great grandma Doris) place where we opened birthday gifts.
We continued the birthday celebration on the weekend with our good friends the Gajardo Stitt Family. Also celebrating the Chilean Independence Day, Joel (from Chile) made these Chilean Pisco Sours, which is a great start to any party!
I made Empanadas which is Jorge's favorite food from Chile and both Jorges wore their Colo-Colo team Chilean soccer shirts.
Professor Zuniga here in his office at Creighton after I "decorated" it. I had his diplomas framed for his birthday gift and my parents gave him a framed art print, so I made a trip up to Omaha to hang them.
I also brought a box of trophies to display in his book case, as seen here :)
No comments:
Post a Comment